Barcelona, Soccer and Me

Bryan Chicaza



Barcelona, one of the best teams in Europe, is having problems trying to win matches. It all started back on May 1st, 2019 when Barcelona played in the Champions League Semi-Final against Liverpool.

Barcelona won 3-0 in an amazing performance by the whole team. Days later they played Liverpool again but, in a stadium called Anfield. Barcelona was expecting to be able to advance to the Champions League final because of their 3-0 win against Liverpool the other day. They were more confident because Liverpool had their best players injured. You would think Barcelona can win right? Wrong. Barcelona played horrible and allowed Liverpool to win 4-3. Barcelona had just got humiliated for the second year in a row. Barcelona fans were devastated most people targeted the coach Ernesto Valverde. That is where it all started going wrong for Barcelona.

On May 25th, Barcelona played in the cup final and they lost the game 2-1 Barcelona got humiliated even more. Barcelona fans attacked the coach again and this time wanted him to leave Barcelona. The coach refused to leave and carried on coaching Barca. Then a new La Liga season starts. Their first match was away from home against Athletic Bilbao and they lost that game 1-0. Barcelona were bottom of La Liga, and they were low on confidence.

Their second game came and they won it 5-2. People were starting to have confidence in them again. Then their 3rd game came and they tied 2-2 with a 16-year-old scoring. Barcelona fans were stunned. Barcelona's Ansu Fati, 17, youngest Champions League goal ...

On September 14th Barcelona had a game against Valencia and they won 5-2 again.

They played against Granada and they lost 2-0. People were starting to worry because they had not won a game away from home in such a long time. Then finally after weeks of suffering they won away from home. Not only that, but e in they cam in second place to La Liga and they are on a four game win streak.

One player to watch is Ansu Fati. You are probably wondering who he is. Well Barcelona fans were thinking the same thing. He is performing well and has scored two goals and has had one assist.

After watching Barcelona play for about one year, I asked my parents if I could try out for a soccer team and they listened. I was really happy. I couldn’t wait for what was to come. I had my first practice and scored. I was really excited. I then played an actual match and scored a goal and won the game. I wanted to keep on playing soccer because of how fun it was and I did keep on playing. By the way, that was probably the best decision of my life. I was so excited for what was to come ahead of me.

It’s been a few months and I am scoring so many goals, so me and my friend had a competition to see who could score more goals. But there was one problem that stopped me, it was my playing time. I would play for about 10 minutes and then come off the field. My parents acknowledged that and brought me into a new team. I was happy there and I was scoring goals but then there was another problem - there were not enough kids to play on our team but we still had to play and we sometimes lost. I joined another team there and it was perfect, but I got to play every game and there was enough kids. We won, I scored and I was really happy.

I started to support Barcelona when I was four years old. Years passed, it was 2015 and Barcelona had just won the Champions League. A league where the best teams in Europe compete against each other to see who can lift the trophy. I was amazed at what I had just seen, as always I would sit down and watch their matches. I would enjoy them and my favorite player to watch was Lionel Messi. He is amazing he did everything so well and I want to be the player he is right now.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Disney Channel Character from “Andi Mack” comes out as gay, and other LGBT characters.

The Downside of School Dress Codes for Female Students