Scary Story Corner: The Beautiful Woman, Chapters 1 - 5

The Beautiful Woman
By Savannah Parker 


Chapter 1: Heartbeat

Ironically, it was sunny, a beautiful day. I woke up on the floor at a dim house, the light from outside shined through the large window, blinding me. I didn't remember anything from last night. As I forced my eyes open, I saw another person. She was still asleep on the couch. I felt jealous of her long brown curly hair and tan skin. I struggled to walk over to her; my legs felt weak; the soreness worsened as I walked closer and closer.

When I arrived at the couch, there was an awful stench that caused my eyes to burn. I was too desperate to back away; I needed to get out of there. So I plugged my nose and walked, squinting. I tapped her; she didn’t budge. I shook her shoulder a little more forcefully. Again, she didn't budge. I didn’t even hear the slightest breath of her deep sleep. I tried to reject the thought, the thought you should know by now. Death. But how? Why? I backed away, scared, not noticing the glass vase behind me. It fell from a dusty shelf and shattered.

Without a second thought, I ran to the same spot I woke up at. Ignoring the pain in my legs. I dropped to the floor, playing dead. Maybe they won't suspect me. I covered my face with my black hair, so if I did move my face, no one would see.

I saw a dark figure enter the room. S/he stopped to look at the girl, then at me. S/he stared at me. S/he came closer and closer to my covered face. My heart was in my throat, pounding as if it was trying to escape. S/he was now face to face with me; I was able to count her/his heartbeats.

 Babom… babom… babom.


Chapter Two: Flashback

 People told me about her. I thought It was false, no one knew if it was true or not. 

Last night… 

Kayla: “Sariyaaaah… I’m gonna find you!” 

Me: “No you're not!”

Kayla: “Okay, I give up. Everyone come out of your hiding spots, let's do something else. I'm bored.”

Emica and Aki: “Ughh, this is the third time.” 


I never knew twins actually spoke at the same time, like it was always in movies and shows. I thought they wanted everything to be dramatic and “realistic”, but I saw it when I met these two. Two peas in a pod.

Kayla has always been my best friend, since the age of 4. I think… I don’t have the greatest memory after what happened.    


Kayla: “I have an idea, let’s tell scary stories”

Me: “Ooo, okay. I’m not going to be scared, unlike you, Emica.” 

Emica: “I never get scared. To be honest, Aki is always scared!”

Aki: “No, that is not true”

Kayla: “Okay, I’ll go first.”


And this is all where it began. I remember now. 

Chapter 3: MINUTES

  The large figure that entered the room was… awfully… pretty? Handsome? I couldn’t really see clearly, literally. I began to pass out, out of nowhere.

I woke up again. This time it was pitch black outside the window, the only light that shined was the moon, no stars. I sat up, I was surprised to see a shadow standing above me. As I slowly backed away he/she came closer. I was stopped by a wall behind me. Still approaching me, the moonlight touches its face, exposing the features. 

She was beautiful, extraordinary, but that wasn’t the point. Why did she kidnap me and kill that girl?  She scanned my face with her huge, hazel eyes. These 10 seconds felt like 10 minutes. She slowly started to remove her black jacket and walked out the door without a word, the same blank expression on her face. What the heck, she’s insa- I didn’t even get the chance to finish my thought. She returned as if she was waiting for me on the other side of the door. She just stood there with the same blank expression. Why is she just standing there? Should I say something? No, she should. 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 seconds go by, feeling like minutes. Something goes through my mind as she stares at me.



Chapter 4: FLASHBACK

    Kayla: I read this story online and it haunted my mind for like a month, lucky you I’m brave enough to tell you this story. 

    Me: If it haunted you for months, why tell it? Plus, why would you remind yourself about the story, you’ll probably scare yourself for another month? That’s lowkey sus.

    Kalya: Sariyah, do you smell that? Is that I fear I’m smelling? It’s coming from you.

    Me: What are you talking about? I'm trying to help you, YOU said you were scared for a month! But    whatever, tell the story I don’t care, hope you can’t sleep tonight. 

    I rolled my eyes, she did it back. I know I said before that we’re best friends, but sometimes we bicker every once in a while. Nothing serious.

    Kayla: A young girl. Not just a girl, a pretty girl. The prettiest girl in school, the neighborhood. Though she always smiled, she was traumatizing on the inside, insane. Her name was Amora*, people who know this story call her Lefu*… 

*Amora- a Spanish name that means love

*Lefu- African name that means death


Chapter 5: LEFU

It’s like every time I faint, or when she gives me that mysterious stare, a flashback refreshes my brain with another story. It tells me more about Her

“Follow me.” 

Wow, she speaks. Her voice was soothing, her voice sounded as if she didn’t speak English. Understandable, but with a thick accent. I slowly stand up, still a bit dizzy and my legs are still sore from who knows what. I don’t feel as scared as I was before, she’s not intimidating. My fear was slowly vanishing. I walk slowly to her, the closer I get, the more I notice how tall and slender she is. She has dark brown hair, hazel eyes, over a dark chocolate skin tone. She starts to walk out the door, I stop. 

“Why am I here, where am I?!” I was angry, I tried to scream as loud as I could hoping someone, at least someone can hear me, my confidence went a little too far.

She stops walking. By now she’s about 15 feet ahead. She slowly turns around and gives me a sickening look, a look that would have given me a heart attack. I made her angry.

Her face turns into a nightmare and the nightmare is slowly walking towards me. As soon as I talk a step back, she runs, bolting towards me. My heart started to pound. I wasn’t even the one running. I take off running without a thought, not noticing where I’m going. I start passing rooms with dim lights and about two people in every room. I look back to notice she wasn’t chasing me anymore, I turn back to see her right in front of me. But it didn’t look like her. She looked dead, but she was alive. The flesh in her cheeks were gone, exposing her cheek bones, the bags under her eyes were dark and deep, making her eyes bulge out of the socket. The most frightening thing I’ve ever seen.

“Holy shoot!”

And where are you going?... ” Her voice was raspy and hoarse, like she was choking on her words. She looked like death. Lefu… 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

The Downside of School Dress Codes for Female Students

Disney Channel Character from “Andi Mack” comes out as gay, and other LGBT characters.