Cool Album Covers

By Tenzin Lekshey

Disclaimer: these are not opinions, these are facts. They are provable with the scientific method.

Artist: Czarface(group), MF Doom
Album: Czarface meets MF Doom

Czarface is a rap group formed in 2013 by producer 7L and rappers Esoteric and the Wu-tang clan’s Inspectah Deck. And this was the cover of their collaboration with one of the best of all time MF Doom. Their covers are in the style of the 80’s, silver age comic books.

Artist: Queen
Song: Bohemian Rhapsody

This technically isn’t an album cover, this was the single cover for Bohemian Rhapsody. But this is just an iconic visual, and I like it, so therefore it is great. This was off Queen’s fourth album, “A Night at the Opera”, which has an okay cover.

Artist: Rage Against the Machine
Album: Rage against the Machine
This covers shows a vietnemese monk burning himself alive in protest of the suppression of Buddhism that was happening, and I thought that was very powerful. Also, it just looks really cool. It resonates with me on a personal level because I am from Tibet and my people have also done things like this in protest. And even though I’m not Vietnemese, I remember hearing about a lot of things like this all through my life.

Artist: Iron Maiden
Album: The Number of the Beast

What could be said that hasn’t already been; it’s legendary. Here’s an interesting thing I learned from my good friend Jack Black. You see how the giant zombie (Eddie) is controlling the devil monster, well if you look closer you can see the devil is controlling a tiny zombie person. So it’s a tiny Eddie being controlled by the devil being controlled by a giant Eddie.

Artist: Green day Vince staples
Album: Dookie FM!
/
I actually like FM! by Vince Staples better because I prefer the colors of FM! to the colors of Dookie (heh), but Green Day came first and is the iconic one. Also you should definitely listen to Vince Staples. He’s a very good rapper, even funnier guy (watch the hot ones he was in). He’s almost as funny as me.

Artist: Black Panther
Black Panther soundtrack (submitted by Ilya)

If you think this doesn’t count ‘cause it’s a soundtrack, fight me, or go make your own. Anyway, this is a really simple black background with Black Blanther’s necklace.

Honorable mentions:
Any other Czarface album (except dog days of tomorrow). The one I chose is actually different than the others because they look like actual comic book covers with 60 cents and seeable borders on the cover and the titles are big and comic book-like. Just really good attention to detail.

Hybrid Theory is an album by Linkin Park. The cover is a Banksy esc graffiti image. And the image itself is of a guy with butterfly wings holding a flag.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

The Downside of School Dress Codes for Female Students

Disney Channel Character from “Andi Mack” comes out as gay, and other LGBT characters.