Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!

Image result for harry potter series
The Harry Potter Book Series 1-7
By Katy Simpson

One day in 1990, a woman named Joanne Rowling had a thought pop into her head while on a delayed train, a boy with round glasses and a lightning scar. Thus, Harry Potter was born.

I’m sure that you have all heard of the famous Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, but what has surprised me is how many HPCMS students have not read the series or at least watched the movies. 32.6%, in fact. While 22.1% have started, only 45.3% have read the series completely, and that is less than half! This is an extremely popular book series, yet few I have talked to have actually read it. Well, I hope this book review will change your mind!
Harry Potter is a fantasy series written by J.K. Rowling, and the first book alone sold over 11 million copies, and many are still selling. This seven book series has an entire theme park dedicated to it and has a new History of Harry Potter exhibit in the New York Historical Society. There have been eight movies based off of the series. There is a new movie series called Fantastic Beasts and where to Find Them is in the making, the second one came out November 16, 2018.

The Harry Potter book series is my personal favorite and I hope you will agree. The story starts with an eleven year old boy who has no parents and lives with his aunt and uncle who have forced him to sleep in the cupboard under the stairs. We follow him throughout his journey through the seven years of Hogwarts, School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. With adventure, magic, friendship, and danger, Harry Potter defeats his enemy, Lord Voldemort, many times with the help of his two best friends, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley.

I personally think that Harry Potter is a great book series for anybody who loves action, magic, or just a good book. The series is a good one for ages maybe 9 and up, and for people who love the series even more, there is a website where you can take tests on your knowledge of the series, find out your actual hogwarts house, and any other information that you would have involving the world of Harry Potter. 

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone (otherwise known as Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone) is the first book in the Harry Potter series. This one starts with an introduction to Harry Potter’s family, and the boy himself in his life at the Dursleys. Later a strange man comes to them and tells the boy that he is a wizard, and a famous one at that. His first journey is suspenseful with mystery, action, and friendship. 9.5% of people in this school though this was the best in the series.

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets is the second book and introduces us with some more background information about Voldemort, Harry’s nemesis. With more suspense, mystery, friendship, and most importantly, magic, I think this is one of my favorites. 11.6% of people in this school though this was the best in the series.

Harry Potter and Prisoner of Azkaban is the third book in the series and is by far my FAVORITE book in the series. 8.4% of people agree with me, which is great but I wish it was more. The character the book is named for, Sirius Black, is mysterious, and the truth about him is very surprising when you first read it, but will make more sense as you continue with the series, as will many other truths. 

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire is the fourth book, and another one of my favorites. Who am I kidding, I love them all! But this one stands out because for the first time since he was a baby, I believe, Harry actually witnesses a death right in front of him. This is also the first time they introduce romance into the mix. I loved that, and it also added a certain amount of angst to the story, but more drama, so yay for that! 12.6% of people in this school though this was the best in the series.

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix is the fifth book, and it’s amazing, like all the others! There is an abusive teacher, and everybody hates Harry now for claiming that Voldemort has been revived, but they are proven wrong! However, an important character dies… I cried. 6.3% of people in this school though this was the best in the series.

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is amazing, like them all, and the actual Half-Blood Prince’s identity is so surprising I think I actually squealed. It was an amazing book though, and the angst between Harry and Hermione (one of his two besties) is hilarious. Again, like in the Chamber of Secrets, we learned even more about Lord Voldemort, this time his past, which was AWESOME! Unfortunately, for the survey I sent out, I forgot to add this book into it. I’m really sorry, but I’m sure it was a lot, because it is a great book!

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh, and last, book in the series, and WOW. So suspenseful, actionful, angsty, rebellious, and death-defying I was SO happy when I read it. I swear you will love this one. The actual title I think is fitting, as while the whole time is spent searching for something else (no spoilers!) I think the fact the Harry wanted to look for them so bad, and the fact that they were the largest part in the climax, makes the title fit so much more to the story. 10.5% of people in this school though this was the best in the series.

I think that for anybody who loves reading and action, Harry Potter is the best book to read! To the 32.6% of you who haven’t read them, I really think you should! For the people not finished yet who don’t like them, keep going. Trust me, the books get better towards the end of the series. Good luck, and keep reading (anything, not just Harry Potter, reading is good 😊) That goes to all of you. Read, read, read!

I give my thanks to all of you who submitted a response to my Harry Potter Survey. The input was helpful! All 95 of you were so, so helpful!

Thank you for reading! Hope you enjoyed!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Disney Channel Character from “Andi Mack” comes out as gay, and other LGBT characters.

The Downside of School Dress Codes for Female Students